Need to know how your student loans work? Our student loans 101 bundle can help!
As all undergraduate students know, the cost of attendance for college is not cheap.
Sometimes education expenses are more than one person can handle alone, so it's common to turn to student loans when you have financial need.
After you graduate or before, you'll probably start trying to find information like student loans 101.
Maybe you completed the fafsa® and signed up for some loan amounts to pay your tuition, but now you're considering what happens if you have unpaid interest, or you're thinking about fees that your loan may have had.
If you are like most student loan borrowers, you signed up for loans to pay for your education without much thought or useful guidance on how they really work.
Sure, you know what your monthly payments and interest rates are...but do you know the details of these types of loans?
Getting out of debt is a priority. After all, your loan payments can affect credit scores and borrowing potential later.
But maybe you aren't sure where to start and feel that there's way too much information to go through.
Since signing up for student loans, you've probably heard all kinds of terms, from "income-driven repayment plans" to "direct subsidized loan" and "variable rates".
If it all seems like a lot, don't worry. Our student loans 101 bundle will teach you all about each type of loan and how you can not only pay them off but the details of how they work.
Whether you want to keep good credit, become a graduate student, or move on with your life with no debt, it's time to get on track.
Are you ready? It's time to learn student loan basics!
What you'll learn in the student loans 101 bundle
You're probably dealing with multiple loan programs (federal loans & private) and different interest rates, loan service providers, and repayment plans.
Plus, you've heard about public service loan forgiveness, but how does it affect you?
What can this course teach you, and how is it set up?
You'll get answers to your questions, like how do your student loans work? Is student loan forgiveness real? How do you strategically tackle both your private loans and federal student debt?
Our 3-course bundle breaks down exactly how your federal and private student loans work, what you need to know about them and how to create a plan to pay them off.
Courses included in the bundle:
- How your student loans really work
- Master your federal student loans
- Master your private student loans
Breakdown of student loans 101 courses:
Your free student loans 101 bundle includes 3 courses that will teach you about different aspects of your student loans. Here's the information you'll get from each one.
How your student loans really work (course 1)
Your school's cost likely left you with student loans. This class will teach you all the important basics.
- Key student loan terms you should know
- How your student loan lifecycle works, including more about the grace period and the period of deferment
- How the interest on your student loans work
- All about interest accrual, capitalization, amortization, and deferment
- Guidelines for successfully communicating with your loan provider
- The different student loan payoff options you can leverage
Master your federal student loans (course 2)
Federal student aid can be a lot to cover! That's why we've made it easy with this course!
- Types of federal student loans, including Perkins loans
- How federal student loan interest rates work, discussing the federal plus loan and Stafford loans
- How to get a handle on your federal student loans, and the process of finding all of your loans at once
- Federal student loan forgiveness, eligibility requirements, and repayment options
- The best approach to choosing a repayment plan
Master your private student loans (course 3)
Find out how to handle private student loans (and potentially higher interest rates) using this course!
- All about the way private student loans and private lenders work
- The key private student loan terms you need to know, including cosigner and forbearance
- The process for determining the interest rates on your loans and terms such as variable interest rates and fixed rates
- How to track down your private student loan
- How to prioritize paying off your private student loans
Extras included in your student loans 101 course bundle:
- Bite-sized explainer videos & live coaching call replay
- Applicable infographics & worksheets
- Access to the Clever Girl Finance community, book club, and approved resources
It's time to learn student loan basics, master debt, and succeed with finance!
Deal with student loan payments once and for all! With our detailed student loan basics course bundle, you'll be well on your way to paying off your principal balance and having more discretionary income.